Faults of crankshaft controllers and distributor. VOLKSWAGEN code errors
Code P0322 indicates a malfunction of the crankshaft position sensor, possible causes of the problem:
- failure of the controller itself;
- damage to the wiring to which the sensor is connected;
- clogging of the connector or oxidation of the contacts on the pad;
- moisture on the plug;
- control unit malfunction.
Camshaft sensor failure.
Incorrect signal or camshaft position sensor failure. The user needs to diagnose the G163.
Code 1338 appears as a result of a short circuit to the positive terminal or open wiring of the camshaft position sensor. This is the controller installed in the first row.
Code 3007 indicates no signal from the camshaft position controller G40.
Incorrect signal from the camshaft position controller.
Possible causes of the problem:
- faulty wiring that feeds the sensor;
- moisture entering the cable connector connected to the controller;
- failure of the device itself;
- damage or oxidation of contacts on the sensor pad;
- cable wear.
Reduced signal level from the camshaft position controller. The user must check that the G40 is working.
Increased camshaft sensor signal.
Signal mismatch between camshaft and crankshaft position controllers (G40 and G28 respectively).